Saturday, February 9, 2013

Black Forest Smoothie (GF, Vegan)

Thanks to those brilliant people at Vega, this smoothie is delicious. I used their Choc-o-lot smoothie mix as the protein powder. But you can use whatever kind you have/like. I saw a similar recipe on the thriveforward.com site from Vega. Those people are great! So I thought I would share my version.


Black Forest Smoothie
 Serves 1

1 cup vanilla [I used unsweetened] almond milk (or nondairy milk of choice)
1/2 banana
1 cup frozen cherries
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1/2 tablespoon cacao powder
1 teaspoon maca
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


If you have a high power blender, throw in all of the ingredients and blend. If you don't, blend the banana & cherries with the almond (or whatever milk you choose) milk and after it's blended then add the powdered ingredients and vanilla.

1 comment:

  1. This smoothie looks amazing! I think that the Vega protein powders are the best ones! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete