Saturday, August 20, 2011

Banana Green Smoothie (GF, Raw, Vegan)

You can make this with all spinach or all kale, either way is good. Having the 2 just gives the smoothie a little more depth, not to mention it gives you nutrients from two different sources.
This is a great smoothie that I always tell everyone about, but haven't ever actually posted on here. So I figured it was time. My sister-in-law loved it and had my nieces try it, and they loved it, she started calling them "Shrek Smoothies" (brilliant!).
1 large serving

1 banana
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 cup kale
1 cup almond milk
1 Tbs agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 ice cubes
*optional, 1 tsp maca powder

Put all ingredients in blender, except for ice and blend. Once completely blended, add in ice cubes.



2 comments:

  1. Natalie told me about this shake. I LOVE it! It's yummy and so full of good stuff. I have one almost every morning. (I use almond milk instead of the agave nectar.) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tif, that was totally my bad! Thanks for posting that, because I just completely forgot the almond milk as an ingredient. *shaking head* yeah it needs almond milk to work out much more than it needs just a bit of agave. I fixed the recipe on here. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete